Friday, August 24, 2007

Brotherly Love

Today, Matthew and I went to have lunch with Lane at school. Matthew was sooo excited. I had warned Matthew about his behavior before we left the house and threatened him within an inch of his life if he wasn't on his BEST behavior. As we were standing in line with the other kids, Matthew looked up at me with big "crocodile size" tears in his eyes and said "my bubby won't give me kisses or hugs!" I looked at Lane and gave him "the look". "I don't think so he said, not in public!" I said "Laaaane, promise you will give him one before we leave." He reluctantly agreed! Matthew was pacified for the time being, but when it was time to go home, he held Lane to his promise, and ran and gave him the biggest hug and kiss right in the middle of the hall! This time Lane didn't object. Hopefully it will be awhile before he refuses to give up those hugs and kisses to his momma!!!

3 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Gary's friends' moms keep telling me 'that day' is coming. I treasure every PDA I get from him!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww..this is so sweet!! Im not looking forward to the day that Gavin thinks he is to big for kisses and hugs lol

Tasha said...

Or is favorite "Aunt" Tasha!